Join Our Team
Pacific Northwest Pet ER & Specialty Center believes in providing the best care and service to its patients, clients, and the community. If you are looking to join an organization that values it’s team and the service we provide, we would welcome your inquiry or application. Please contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Veterinary Technician Openings
Are you a credentialed technician with a sense of adventure and a deep love for specialty and emergency medicine? Are you ready to utilize and flex the skill set you’ve been cultivating since school? If so, grab your hiking boots and look no further, Pacific Northwest Pet ER and Specialty Center is hiring! This brand new, state-of-the-art facility is opening in August 2021, and their commitment to exceptional veterinary medicine as well as the health & happiness of the veterinary care team is truly inspiring!
We are seeking experienced, credentialed Veterinary Technicians in the following departments:
- Emergency Overnight Shift
- Medical Oncology
- Emergency Day Shift
The Perks of Living in Vancouver
- Outdoor Adventures! Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, Vancouver is a wonderland for hiking, cycling, kayaking, and a short distance from amazing skiing to the east and beach activities to the west!
- Portland, OR: Only 10 miles away, you’ll enjoy easy access to food carts, coffee shops, incredible restaurants, Powell’s Books, breweries, theaters, and shopping. The possibilities are endless!
- No State Income Tax: For real!
What to Expect:
- A collaborative and team-oriented culture who is always asking, “How can I help you?”
- Intensive training before opening, implementing de-escalation training, and providing tools for dealing with conflict.
- An outdoor green space for staff breaks!
- A leadership team who works with you on the floor, facilitating mentorship and helping you reach your career goals.
- Cross-training for all departments to increase efficiency and provide optimum care.
- State of the art procedures and equipment including:
- On-site diagnostics including CT and MRI
- Critical care unit with separate canine and feline ICU’s
- Two Isolation wards
- On-site pharmacy
- You are a good human being; no, really, it matters!
- Compassionate and kind, you are aware of the challenges that may present themselves but are willing to work hard & focus on creating a healthy environment with your team.
- You are a credentialed veterinary technician wanting to make an exceptional difference in the lives of patients and their families enduring emergency and critical care cases.
- You’re looking for an opportunity to utilize and flex your full skill set while also being presented with learning new & advanced techniques.
Anticipated Schedule (schedules vary by department):
- The Emergency hospital is open 24 hours a day
- Emergency Overnight Technicians:
- (3) 12hr shifts, with rotating weekend duties
- Emergency Day Shift Technicians:
- (3) 12hr shift or (4) 10hr shifts
- Rotating holidays
- All ICU shifts are (3) 12hr shifts per week.
- Emergency Overnight Technicians:
- Mon-Fri, (4) 10hr shifts on consecutive days, providing 3-day weekends
- Medical Oncology and Cardiology:
- Various day shifts available, no weekend duty
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE FOR QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS
- Overnight Differential
- Uniform Allowance
- PTO – sick and vacation accrual
- Employee Pet Discount
- 401k with matching
- Life Insurance
- CE Allowance